Tonris Pty Ltd – Trading as: BJ Hire Appliance Rentals
Australian Credit Licence (ACL):
PO Box 864, Sunbury, Victoria. 3429
1300 303 938
This document provides you with information relating to who we are, what products or services we offer and information in relation to how we resolve disputes.
This document should be read in conjunction with;
- The consumer Lease Agreement and its schedule which describes the terms and conditions under which we will lease goods to you; and
- A document entitled Information Statement.
WHAT PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WE PROVIDE
Tonris Pty Ltd – Trading as: BJ Hire Appliance Rentals is a consumer leasing company.
We offer consumers the ability to lease household appliances and furniture such as, but not limited to,
- Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Televisions, Computers, Laptops and Bedroom Furniture.
The leases are for a period of one (1), two (2) or three (3) years and the consumer will pay regular lease payments under the lease as are set out in the Consumer Lease.
Under the relevant consumer leases legislation that governs Consumer Leases. we must:
- Provide you with this credit guide as soon as practicable after it becomes apparent to us that it is likely that you will enter into a consumer lease with us;
- Not enter into a consumer lease unless we are satisfied that the lease is appropriate for you;
- Give you an information statement as set out in the Regulations to the consumer lease legislation. The information statement may be a separate document or it may be attached to the consumer lease agreement.
OUR RESPONSIBLE CONDUCT OBLIGATIONS
As the Licensee and Lessor under the Consumer Lease, we must make an assessment whether the consumer lease that you are entering into is unsuitable for you. We will rely on information you provide us, as part of the application process for the consumer lease, to perform the assessment.
If you provide us with inaccurate information, we will not be able to complete the assessment or the completed assessment will be inaccurate. A consumer lease is unsuitable if, based on the information supplied to us, we conclude that the consumer will not be able to meet the financial obligations under the lease without substantial hardship or if the consumer lease does not meet the consumer’s requirements or objectives.
You may request for a copy of our assessment and if the request is made before the consumer lease was entered into, we must give you a written copy of our assessment at no charge to you, before the consumer lease is executed.
If you request a copy of the assessment within 7 years after the day the lease agreement is entered into, we must give you a written copy of the assessment, at NO charge to you, in accordance with the following time table:
- If request is made within 2 years from the date the lease agreement is entered into we will provide a written copy:-
- Within 7 business days after we receipt of request; and otherwise
- Within 21 business days after receipt of request.
If the lease agreement is not entered into for whatever reason, we do not have to provide you a copy of the assessment.
If we conclude that the consumer lease is unsuitable for you then under the consumer lease legislation, we are prohibited from entering into such a lease.
OUR DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEDURE
Tonris Pty Ltd – Trading as: BJ Hire Appliance Rentals is committed to provides its customers with the best possible service. If at any time we have not met your needs or our obligations or you are aggrieved by our conduct, please inform us of you complaint so we can work with you towards a resolution.
We have an internal dispute resolution procedure and we are also a member of an ASIC approved external dispute resolution scheme. Both are readily accessible at no cost to you.
If you have a complaint, please contact us first using the contact details above. We will use our best endeavour to resolve the dispute. If we are unable to resolve the dispute or if you are unsatisfied with the outcome of the resolution we offer to your complaint, you can refer the matter to our external dispute resolution provider, Financial Ombudsman Services Limited.
When you file a complaint with us, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 days of receiving it. We will ensure that a substantive response is provided to you within forty five (45) days from receipt of your complaint.
If we cannot respond to you within the time frame, we will communicate with you explaining the reasons for the delay in our response. You may refer the dispute or complaint to our external dispute resolution scheme at any time, however, if our internal process is not concluded by the time you refer the matter to the alternative dispute resolution scheme, they may ask you to wait until our internal process is complete.
FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE LIMITED
|Telephone:||1300 780 808|
|Mail:||GPO Box 3, Melbourne, Victoria. 3001.|
BJ HIRE APPLIANCE RENTALS – Privacy Statement
|Australian Credit Licence No:||433861||ABN: 11 100 924 114|
|P.O. Box 864, Sunbury, VIC 3429||Ph: 1300 303 938||Fax: 03-9740 9704||Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
The BJ Hire vision includes a strong commitment to providing you with the highest levels of customer service.
This includes protecting your privacy. BJ Hire is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the
protection of your personal information.
A privately owned family business that has provided rental & purchasing services to its clients for over 25 years.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information held by BJ Hire may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone numbers, Email address,
Bank account or Credit Card details, occupation and your rental/landlord details. If you choose not to provide us with the personal information we request from you,
we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the high level of service on which we pride ourselves.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
BJ Hire collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in writing;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From the organizations identified under ‘when we disclose your personal information’
- From our own records of how you use products & services
- When legally required to do so.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your identity;
- Assist you to subscribe to our products & services;
- Administrate & manage those services, including charging, billing & collecting debts.
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit – worthiness & for fraud;
- Maintain & develop our business systems, including testing & upgrading of these systems
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to deliver the product & services you require,
BJ Hire may disclose your personal information to organizations outside BJ Hire. These organizations carry out our:
- Customer enquiries & database maintenance;
- Billing & debt-recovery
- Information technology services’
Your personal information is disclosed to these organizations only in relation to BJ Hire providing our products & services to you.
BJ Hire takes reasonable steps to ensure these organizations are subject to obligations of confidentiality or privacy in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to: Your authorized representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- Credit-reporting & fraud-checking agencies
- Credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit worthiness, credit rating, credit provision & financing);
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors & lawyers;
- Government & regulatory authorities & other organizations, as required by law;
HELP US ENSURE WE HOLD ACCURATE INFORMATION
BJ Hire takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the personal information we collect, use & disclose is accurate, complete & up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
That is why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information.
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to personal information, such as your name or address.
YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know.
You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. BJ Hire reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, & providing access to your information.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 1300 303 938 between 9.00am & 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Alternatively, you can write to our Privacy Manager, PO Box 864, Sunbury, Victoria. 3429